Author Topic: Problems installing whited00r's iOS 5.1 for iPod Touch 2G (MB model)  (Read 4747 times)

Offline kornfreako

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Hi everyone;

This is my first threat and I just hope I can make things clear enough in order to get help, I have downloaded all the .ipsw that whited00r has for the iPod Touch 2G and tried out installing it with the iTunes and so far none of them have worked, it starts restoring the device and when the progress bar that shows in the iDevice it's al most full, iTunes stops and gives me an error with the installation and it lets my iPod Touch in recovery mode.  Can it be a problem with some update of iTunes or anything like that?  I'm running MacOS X 10.7.4 and iTunes 10.6.3 (25) 64-bit. and the firmware I have use are pretty much all of those downloadable for iPod Touch 2G in here:  http://www.whited00r.com/ipod-touch-2g-mirrors/

Thanx for the help!

Offline ehabalmoez

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: Problems installing whited00r's iOS 5.1 for iPod Touch 2G (MB model)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
Hi everyone;

This is my first threat and I just hope I can make things clear enough in order to get help, I have downloaded all the .ipsw that whited00r has for the iPod Touch 2G and tried out installing it with the iTunes and so far none of them have worked, it starts restoring the device and when the progress bar that shows in the iDevice it's al most full, iTunes stops and gives me an error with the installation and it lets my iPod Touch in recovery mode.  Can it be a problem with some update of iTunes or anything like that?  I'm running MacOS X 10.7.4 and iTunes 10.6.3 (25) 64-bit. and the firmware I have use are pretty much all of those downloadable for iPod Touch 2G in here:  http://www.whited00r.com/ipod-touch-2g-mirrors/

Thanx for the help!

These are download links for ONLY one file for WD 5.2 iPod 2g  no need to download them all

Abd what us the error that you had from iTunes ???

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:09:40 AM »
Hi everyone;

Thanx for the help!
did you use ireb to put it into pwned dfu mode?

Offline Kosciak

• Man with the plan
  • SuperHero Member
  • Helping 'round here.
    • View Profile
    • My Repo
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 06:21:42 AM »
What kind of 2G you had? MB or MC model?