Author Topic: Regenerate 0.4  (Read 65174 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Regenerate Alpha 1
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »
I don't know what you did, but at least it works :) (Ch40s-Utilities) :P

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »
Why does Regenerate take so long to install? Everytime I do it it takes like 20 mins lol. I think it's worth it though :D

EDIT: ARE YOU FKING KIDDING MEE?!?!? When I successfully installed Regenerate and I try to open both Ch40s-Utilities and Regenerate and they both crash!! OMG WHYYYYYYY????
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:35:12 PM by Super_Hussain »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2012, 05:36:14 PM »
because it has to go through pretty much your whole system, and looks for every app or anything that has images in it ;) it's complicated, but it has a database of every app and image on your device and the location, that matches up with a theme's layout in a logical way, so I can easier code them together, and automate pretty much everything :)  it will take a long time if you have a lot of stuff on your device. For me, on a pretty much a fresh restore, it takes about 4 minutes ;)

Be warned, if you are applying a complete theme, it will take a while to apply it too.

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »
Ok... After a Reboot, a few of my icons have changed... I think that's good.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
after a reboot? O.o wait, what? It should respring, not reboot O.o  you let it go through everything and respring itself right?

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »
after a reboot? O.o wait, what? It should respring, not reboot O.o  you let it go through everything and respring itself right?
No that already happened. After that nothing happened and the apps kept crashing. So I rebooted and two app icons changed... But now none of the buttons work anymore so we are back to square one (Photos and Camera app icon changed and now the buttons don't work in Regenerate or Ch40s) D:

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »
All the apps crashed? O.o that's a weird bug....   uhoh...  :( what theme was it? (if it is free, I can take a look at it ;) and see what could have caused that).  Also, what firmware/device are you on?

if you can, delete the files again like before in /var/mobile/Library/Ch40s-launcher (program, lock) and then in the start folder delete "yes".  Then try opening up regenerate and try a different theme maybe?

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »
All the apps crashed? O.o that's a weird bug....   uhoh...  :( what theme was it? (if it is free, I can take a look at it ;) and see what could have caused that).  Also, what firmware/device are you on?

if you can, delete the files again like before in /var/mobile/Library/Ch40s-launcher (program, lock) and then in the start folder delete "yes".  Then try opening up regenerate and try a different theme maybe?
No the only apps that crashed were Ch40s and Regenerate. The theme is BlackLight and I'm using Soltmeals Redd00r Base (iPhone 3G). Nothing works again... At least now I know how to fix it...

I tried what you said about deleting the files but still no luck. The two themes I have installed are Blacklight and iGlassSol.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
huh. Black-light should really be working :/  you can try manaully doing the database again, in case it was using a bad one that is corrupted, go to /var/mobile/Regenerate and delete the folders "folders" and "bundles" and then remake them, and then also delete "locations_checked"

then in terminal as root, run "/var/mobile/Regenerate/theme get_stuff".  that should force your database to get cleaned up.  Aside from that, I don't know, because I tested it using the black light theme.

Offline ja3il

• My Heart's a Stereo
  • باید تلو تلو بخورین زمونه رو
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
tnx brian,its work fine for me,but i have a porblem when i apply many of cydia theme it doesnt chang some icon,i dont know why

and Ch40s-launcher slow down my devise speed, ( loding screen ) why? can you fix it?

tnx again brian,Regenerate is amazing,tnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:55:22 PM by ja3il »
I'M A BAD BAD BAD MAN

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
You said special characters don't work... The exact names of the themes I have are "BlackLight 2" and "iGlassSol.theme". If "2" and "." are special then I guess that is the reason but I highly doubt it LOL.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
You said special characters don't work... The exact names of the themes I have are "BlackLight 2" and "iGlassSol.theme". If "2" and "." are special then I guess that is the reason but I highly doubt it LOL.
No, I mean like quotes and exclamation marks and question marks and "~" things ;)

tnx brian,its work fine for me,but i have a porblem when i apply many of cydia theme it doesnt chang some icon,i dont know why

and Ch40s-launcher slow down my devise speed, ( loding screen ) why? can you fix it?

tnx again brian,Regenerate is amazing,tnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
probably because of how the theme is made. I am still working on supporting every type of theme and every device in one package ;) what you can do and what worked for me, is download "ThemeIconMaker" from cydia, make the icons when no theme is applied, and then reapply the theme in regenerate (I know it says to use winterboard, but you don't need to). That might help you.
Ch40s-Launcher slows down what? Of what apps?  Just regenerate and settings and possibly Ch40s-Utilities are the only apps it should slow down :/  It isn't ch40s-launcher slowing down regenerate loading, that is regenerate making the GUI before the app loads (that's how I have it detect the themes without needing to update the GUI manually every time ;) )

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2012, 06:03:34 PM »
I have made an observation. When I successfully install Regenerate and after it resprings, Ch40s, Regenerate, and Settings crash upon opening the app. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
I have made an observation. When I successfully install Regenerate and after it resprings, Ch40s, Regenerate, and Settings crash upon opening the app. Maybe that has something to do with it.

That's probably something to do with Ch40s-Launcher :/  Like, if you do it right after you respring, the device hasn't thought through everything yet I guess. Give it a minute, and then try :)

Offline ja3il

• My Heart's a Stereo
  • باید تلو تلو بخورین زمونه رو
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
brian when i want to update ota Regenerate i get an error:
Info file could not be fetched for Regenerate.
I'M A BAD BAD BAD MAN