Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > App Time Machine FAQ - Suggestions & Problems Fix

Suggestion for overloaded AppTimeMachine

(1/1)

tartilc:
I was thinking about how to solve the problems many users have been facing with AppTimeMachine. If I understood correctly, this is due to the fact that AppTimeMachine servers are getting overloaded with the very large amounts of users accessing it. I was wondering if we could take Installous's approach to file upload. We could select a reliable file host with a very large storage limit and about 500 megabyte file size limit for each file. I think finding a large storage limit would be easy enough, but coupling that with a large enough file size limit would have its share of problems. I'm sure we could do it though, maybe with the help of a few of us donating. I might donate, but all I have in my account is $25 and that will have to be used on a textbook that I will need the upcoming semester. :( I'll still try to save up some more for the benefit of us all though. ;) So my idea is that the button for installing an app will lead to the download provider's site. The download provider will likely have a much larger bandwidth, and a more powerful server than the current one being used. Of course the user might face a waiting period, ads, and a simultaneous download limit, but I suppose that could be made up for with a very high uptime rate. I know that the current setup doesn't bother the user with all of this trouble, but it's evident that there seems to be a big problem with overloading. I'm not sure if this will be put into effect, but I was just thinking that this would be a better approach than the current one. I really hope someone higher up than me will contemplate this idea and reply with their thoughts. Of course if any user sees any problem with this plan, then they are welcome to tell me! Thanks for reading! ;D

alphonse:
Any way to get in touch with the developers behind AppTimeMachine?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version