Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service Searching  (Read 318660 times)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Error 1015
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »
...after some reinstalls i got 1015 error. I have tried much tutorials how to kick out of this recovery mode...

Have you tried this: iREB Recovery Mode Loop Fixer tab?

Offline EdzusTikaiTe

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
Re: Error 1015
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
Have you tried this: iREB Recovery Mode Loop Fixer tab?

Yes, i tried with that, too, many times, but problem was the same. I solved problem just when i installed original firmware with redsn0w. I think the problem was after that iPad baseband hacking and s***. So, i have now checked all features on jailbreaking thing, and made some conclusions about that - i will try to jailbreak and unlock ios 4.2.1 version with ultrasn0w's help. Why not whited00r? Because i just want newest software and cydia on it unlocked for SIM card. :)

I will try now downgrade baseband from 05.15.04 to 05.13.04 with your tutorial... Please, wish luck for me, thank you. :)

Offline merlinslair

• View Profile
fantastic tutorial thankyou
brought the wife a 3g had issues trying to install whited00r due to the loss of aignal
went through the long tutorial and it worked straight away

thankyou
merlinslair

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
fantastic tutorial thankyou
brought the wife a 3g had issues trying to install whited00r due to the loss of aignal
went through the long tutorial and it worked straight away...

Thank you for reporting back and thanks for the thanks! 8)

Offline merlinslair

• View Profile
complete mess after mistakenly updating 3g
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2013, 08:59:19 AM »
hi all
i hope sombody has the enaswer as i am totally stuck at this point

u updated my wife 3g with whited00r 6 no issues phone was after updated and working with whited00r i can jus tabout remeber what it al lsaid beofre i updated he thing my mistake
3g 8ghd version it said 3.1.3 baseband said it was 5.13.04

so i mistakenly conected it to itunes and it updated it to 4.2.1 and reset it all to alocked to 02 iphone again as this point i could have kicked myself so i thought ok i'll just re-run all the instruction i read from here beofre and do it all again
i got to the point of down grading the basband from 6.15.05 and it seem to have gone wrong from there i waited ages for it to do something nohting i i thoguth i owuld restart and so far i just cannot seem to do alot

itunes goes to reinstall and update that failes near the end
i have tried the lates redsnow it shows the pineapple and strarted to load all the files but seems once do it just reverts back to the intune vable
i also tried most if not al things again
somtimes it just show s the apple logo and does nothing
any ideas help anything i am at aloss
in additon i have treid redsnow the latest version i tried the down iad baseband adfter it all seems to go in from the pc the screen goes to a slightly grey colour and nohting shows up

many thanxs and hope it all makes scence

merlinslair
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:03:55 AM by merlinslair »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G Stuck in Modem Firmware iPad 06.15.00
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2013, 11:43:05 AM »

...i mistakenly conected it to itunes and it updated it to 4.2.1 and reset it all to a locked to iphone again...

...i got to the point of down grading the basband from 6.15.05 and it seem to have gone wrong from there i waited ages for it to do something nohting i i thoguth i owuld restart and so far i just cannot seem to do alot

...i have tried the lates redsnow it shows the pineapple and strarted to load all the files but seems once do it just reverts back to the intune vable

...in additon i have treid redsnow the latest version i tried the down iad baseband adfter it all seems to go in from the pc the screen goes to a slightly grey colour and nohting shows up...

"... i have treid redsnow the latest version" - Which version? Not all redsn0w versions work to downgrade the modem firmware (or baseband) iPad 06.15.00 to an unlockable iPhone 3G baseband 05.13.04 or 5.12.

If at the present you are stuck at that 06.15.00 baseband, follow exactly the step #3 on the post #1 of this thread which says to use exactly the redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (Windows) linked in that post.

Also in step 3e: !!! DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE DURING PROCESS !!! It could take up to 10 minutes to complete.

Was it the state of the iPhone currently exactly? Does it turn on? What does the screen show? Is it in Recovery Mode?

Do this: Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

Offline merlinslair

• View Profile
hi many thanxs for the reply
i have managed to get it back  now :) the phone state i think my sn0wbreeze-v2.9.14 had issues i really do not know
i redid it all and tried again and it returned i do see cydia on the iphone but not touched anything since it; return advise is my key at this point

the iphone is now in this state
version 4.2.1
modem firmware

carrie not available when i try the 3 sim the wifes uses i should add the iphone is locked to 02

so what is my next approach i feel warey now lol

do i continue to downgrade the modem using redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2 as you have said i prusme or ope at this point things will remain on a forwarding path
then install whited00r 6 ?

and thankyou again for the help
yours
merlinslair
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:31:34 PM by merlinslair »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G Downgrading iPad Baseband 06.15.00
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »
...the iphone is now in this state
version 4.2.1
modem firmware

carrier not available when i try the 3 sim the wifes uses i should add the iphone is locked to 02...

do i continue to downgrade the modem using redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2 as you have said i prusme or ope at this point things will remain on a forwarding path
then install whited00r 6 ?...

"carrier not available when i try the 3 sim the wifes uses i should add the iphone is locked to 02..." - That is normal if it is not jailbroken & also carrier unlocked using Cydia > Ultrasn0w.

"do i continue to downgrade the modem using redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2... then install whited00r 6 ?... - Yes, just follow steps 3 & 4 of the tutorial in post #1 as I did it several times when testing it thoroughly before updating several times that post and make sure you are using Whited00r Unlock version as it includes Ultrasn0w.

Offline press2play

• View Profile
Re: Unable to downgrade iPhone 3G baseband - redsn0w non-responsive
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
Hi guys im new here and ill say it first that sorry for my bad english but ill try my best to explain my self,i try to fix my brothers iphone 3g because it is stock on apple logo even if we hard reset it (sleep+home) but no use i try to restore it from itunes using custom ipsw made from snowbreeze and fortunately it works and its 4.2.1 right now but my its baseband is 6.15.00 so i try to use redsnow to downgrade the BB to unlock it but redsnow keeps on not responding then after that it just closes the program I use both the latest and the one given here but still the same.btw im from the philippines and the phone was unlock before.thanks in advance.really sorry for my english hope you all understand.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:39:56 PM by press2play »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Unable to downgrade iPhone 3G baseband - redsn0w non-responsive
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »
Hi guys im new here and ill say it first that sorry for my bad english but ill try my best to explain my self,i try to fix my brothers iphone 3g because it is stock on apple logo even if we hard reset it (sleep+home) but no use i try to restore it from itunes using custom ipsw made from snowbreeze and fortunately it works and its 4.2.1 right now but my its baseband is 6.15.00 so i try to use redsnow to downgrade the BB to unlock it but redsnow keeps on not responding then after that it just closes the program I use both the latest and the one given here but still the same.btw im from the philippines and the phone was unlock before.thanks in advance.really sorry for my english hope you all understand.

Welcome to the forums :)

What operating system are you trying this on?  Windows or Mac?  (So that I can provide relevant troubleshooting tools if it comes to that ;) ).

It is best to use the one from here first.  Between failed downgrade attempts, you will need to reboot the device to avoid issues with the next attempts (basically, hold the home/power buttons down until it shows the apple logo, and then hold them again until it turns off).

Offline press2play

• View Profile
sir thanks for the reply already solved my issue i try to use a different computer which is vista it wont work on my window 7 lappy dont know why,but my brother is happy now i just like to ask i still have 6.15.00 BB but i can text and call and everything seems to work fine just like to know if its ok even though it not the intended BB.btw thanks again i follow the tutorial and it really helps alot.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
sir thanks for the reply already solved my issue i try to use a different computer which is vista it wont work on my window 7 lappy dont know why,but my brother is happy now i just like to ask i still have 6.15.00 BB but i can text and call and everything seems to work fine just like to know if its ok even though it not the intended BB.btw thanks again i follow the tutorial and it really helps alot.

It will work, but you won't have working GPS on the 06.15.00 baseband.  If that doesn't matter to you or him, then don't worry about it :)

Offline press2play

• View Profile
Yup we don't use gps so I think it's ok, again thanks a ton & God Bless.

Offline Dmytro

• View Profile
My apologies if this question is answered somewhere. I have followed all instructions and have successfully updated the baseband to 6.15 and downgraded to 5.13.04 but I cannot restore the phone using itunes and install unlocked firmware. I used iReb but I still get an error 1600. What should I do next, I tried just to open Cydia and install ultrasnow, but I do not have it in repo666.

Please help me out someone?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
My apologies if this question is answered somewhere. I have followed all instructions and have successfully updated the baseband to 6.15 and downgraded to 5.13.04 but I cannot restore the phone using itunes and install unlocked firmware. I used iReb but I still get an error 1600. What should I do next, I tried just to open Cydia and install ultrasnow, but I do not have it in repo666.

Please help me out someone?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forums :) 
If your baseband is right, and at 05.13.04 on iOS 4, you can just use iReb v6 to enter PWNED DFU mode and restore to whited00r 6 unlocked.