Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service Searching  (Read 319864 times)

Offline eManuka

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
I'll check with another network SIM card. anyway thank you soo much for the quick reply. :)

Offline s_Olver

• View Profile
Hello guys,

I tried to read everything I can. My problem is as the topic says.
I'm using a 3G Phone, BB: 05.15.04 and I want to upgrade to 06.xx.

The last two days I had nice nightshift facing all kinds of problems (The iPhone was orgininally Jailbreaked, I (stupid!!) updated it with iTunes...etc)

Now I have a working FW and the only problem is, to get the right BB.

I have tried every version of Redsn0w to upgrade the BB and everytime there was an error (USB connection error; BB error)

THen I tried to create my own Firmware with sn0wbreeze and recieved an error (downloading baseband error 'system.outofmemoryexception')

I tried it with different cables, different PC (win 7 and win XP).

Now I out of solutions....
Please help guys.

CHeers, Oli

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Welcome to the forums :) 

The versions of redsn0w that work are listed in the first post of this topic, anything else is much much less likely to work (like almost 0% chance of working properly).

For the USB connection error, try unplugging the iPhone from the computer, turning the computer off, and then plugging the iPhone back in after the computer has booted up.  Also make sure no other programs that connect to the device are open, such as an iPhone file browser or iTunes (redsn0w should close iTunes automatically anyway). 

Hopefully that simple of a solution will work :)  (I have had it work once for me, no clue what causes it though).

Offline s_Olver

• View Profile
NICE!
It works... after 3 days...

The solution for me was to really REALLY clean the contacts of the phone. So for all other folks who are (like me 1 hour ago) really on the edge to throw the phone against the wall, make really sure that the complete connection from iphone to PC good is. The error messages wont tell you that. I recieved the craziest errors...

But now it works!

Thanks guys from whited00r your forum has one of the most competend replys solutions.

Cheers

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
NICE!
It works... after 3 days...

The solution for me was to really REALLY clean the contacts of the phone. So for all other folks who are (like me 1 hour ago) really on the edge to throw the phone against the wall, make really sure that the complete connection from iphone to PC good is. The error messages wont tell you that. I recieved the craziest errors...

But now it works!

Thanks guys from whited00r your forum has one of the most competend replys solutions.

Cheers

Oh!  Right, I totally forget that bad contacts can cause all sorts of errors!  :(  Sorry about that, there is even a picture floating around here about that by PeirreP.  Glad you got it working though :) 

Enjoy whited00r :)

Offline BrazzleD

• View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
Unable to use redsnow 0.9.14b2 to downgrade since newer versions of redsn0w don't seem to work on my iphone. Managed to get to step 3 using 0.9.10b8. Anything above that version will not work, screen remains black instead of pineapple.
Any tips?

edit---
Never mind, apparently with the newer versions of redsnow i have to keep holding the home button way longer than in the older version.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:46:51 PM by BrazzleD »

Offline lucasslim

• View Profile
guys, please explain in the other thread [Solved] whited00r 6 iPhone 3G NO SERVICE NO NETWORK Baseband 05.15.04 that u have to use the ios 3.1.3 before instaling the wd. i lost almost the entire day trying and failing  :'(

eventually i read this one and the tutorial from the wd site and it worked like a charm.

btw my baseband is 05.12.01 and not the one that you guys told it would be.. it's okay though, right?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
guys, please explain in the other thread [Solved] whited00r 6 iPhone 3G NO SERVICE NO NETWORK Baseband 05.15.04 that u have to use the ios 3.1.3 before instaling the wd. i lost almost the entire day trying and failing  :'(

eventually i read this one and the tutorial from the wd site and it worked like a charm.

btw my baseband is 05.12.01 and not the one that you guys told it would be.. it's okay though, right?

Welcome to the forums :)

That means you are one of the rare cases where you had a blank baseband.  (This rarely happens so we left it out of the page).

You shouldn't actually have needed to restore to 3.1.3, but seeing you did, that is why you have the 05.12.01 baseband (which is fine BTW).

Thanks for the warning though!

Offline lucasslim

• View Profile
np, i really appreciate your work, it helped me a ton. my iphone was pretty much dead =D

Offline emko

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
i am at step 1, i was on 5.15.04, 5.9 bootloader, however when applying the modified snowbreze ipsw, it starts installation, however after some time it went to the restore mode with ireb logo and usb on the screen, error 1015 > when i use ireb to jump over, it just jumps back on the usb and snowbreeze logo and stays there - what i did to go over this > opened redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2, selected 4.2.1 ipsw original, jailbreak > only downgrade ipad baseband, after that... :

update: i am now on 5.13.04 4.2.1 fw, BUT without signal from sim (dunno why) wifi etc is up, tried to catch some satellites from balcony and i think there is a progress coordinates were hoping, now flashing 3.1.2 original if all will go smooth will continue on whitedoor

update2: 3.1.2 stock is up ( classical ireb 1015 issue) now also gsm signal is up! applying whitedoor now...

update 3: whitedoor done! now its time to check gps
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:35:51 PM by emko »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
i am at step 1, i was on 5.15.04, 5.9 bootloader, however when applying the modified snowbreze ipsw, it starts installation, however after some time it went to the restore mode with ireb logo and usb on the screen, error 1015 > when i use ireb to jump over, it just jumps back on the usb and snowbreeze logo and stays there

update: i am now on 5.13.04, but without signal from sim, wifi etc is up, tried to catch some satellites from balcony and i think there is a progress, now flashing 3.1.2 if all will go smooth will continue on whitedoor

update2: 3.1.2 stock, now gsm signal is up! applying whitedoor now

Sorry I didn't catch this in time to help you out there :(   Very glad to hear you solved it all :D

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
...update: i am now on 5.13.04, but without signal from sim, wifi etc is up, tried to catch some satellites from balcony and i think there is a progress, now flashing 3.1.2 if all will go smooth will continue on whitedoor

update2: 3.1.2 stock, now gsm signal is up! applying whitedoor now

Thank you emko for reporting back about how you solved the issue and updating your post as it will help other Whited00r users with the same problem.  8)  So +1 Internets for you for giving back to the WD community.

Offline emko

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r GPS Testing
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
Thank you emko for reporting back about how you solved the issue and updating your post as it will help other Whited00r users with the same problem.  8)  So +1 Internets for you for giving back to the WD community.
we will see if the gps will give me finally some output, will report tomorrow...

just briefly this is what i have in locationd after fast test

Code: [Select]
<dict>
<key>CPS-stop</key>
<string>7/25/13 11:22 PM</string>
<key>WPS-fix</key>
<string>7/25/13 11:17 PM</string>
<key>WPS-stop</key>
<string>7/25/13 11:22 PM</string>
</dict>
</plist>
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:39:33 PM by emko »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r GPS Testing - Off Topic
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2013, 10:07:35 PM »
we will see if the gps will give me finally some output, will report tomorrow...

emko, as you know because you posted in it & I replied to you in it several times, the proper Whited00r 6 GPS thread is this one: Whited00r 6 - GPS problem iPhone 3G Baseband 05.13.04, 05.15.04 & 06.15.00

Please help us keeping the forums clean and organized as we don't want to turn into an unusable bordello like Facebook.  ;)

Offline EdzusTikaiTe

• View Profile
EDIT: I think that problem was because i had 06.15.00 iPad Baseband. Now i downgraded it, but now i am stocked in loading screen. When i turn on iPhone, it doesn't respond, just showing apple's logo in middle. Computer can't find iPhone connected... :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used this tutorial to jailbreak my iPhone 3G, but after some reinstalls i got 1015 error. I have tried much tutorials how to kick out of this recovery mode, but it doesn't works for me. I think its something wrong with that i installed ssh? How to fix that?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:06:20 AM by EdzusTikaiTe »