Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > Tutorials - Whited00r - iOS 3.1.3 - iOS 4.2.1

WD6 slower than WD5?

(1/2) > >>

matt55:
Hello everyone,
I'm going to install WD6 (at the moment my iPodTouch 2G is running WD5) but i was wondering if this new version may be slower than the 5 on my iDevice.
Because my OS works quite well and I wouldn't like to slow it down... and actually I didn't find out if WD6 is still a Beta version or not

Thank you all!

bluefuziion:
From my personal experience I don't see any slowing down for my iPhone. I have an iPhone 2g WD6 and I think the newest is the same if not, faster than the WD5. That's just what I see, so I highly doubt that the WD6 firmware will slow down your iPod. :]

matt55:

--- Quote from: bluefuziion on January 07, 2013, 02:08:57 AM ---From my personal experience I don't see any slowing down for my iPhone. I have an iPhone 2g WD6 and I think the newest is the same if not, faster than the WD5. That's just what I see, so I highly doubt that the WD6 firmware will slow down your iPod. :]

--- End quote ---

Oh that's great ;) So WD6 appears faster than the previous version... wow!
How does it work? Have you ever had any problems with the new OS?
Tnx

bluefuziion:
Um, so far not any problems whatsoever! I only say that I think WD6 runs faster than WD5, or seems to, because I now have less apps installed and less tweaks from when I had WD5 but yep! No problems so far and I've had it since the release date! I took away the newer multitasking since I didn't like it much without the iPod controls and screen lock so I switched back to the old WD5 style of multitasking, but that's just me..All in all, if you wanted to change stuff about the WD6 firmware it's pretty easy to do so. I'm a complete noob at modding and everything seems to work just fine when I changed it! Lovin' WD6 so far and I'm sure you will too :]

matt55:
ohoh I didn't know the new multytasking system is different :S
Is there a page with all the new features in detaisl? I've found only this (http://www.whited00r.com/features.php) but there's no mention to the new system for istance...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version