Whited00r News > Firmware news and updates

DataDeposit to stop working March 4 2013 - WD Fix?

(1/4) > >>

justinxxvii:
Hello. I am the developer of DataDeposit, the app that was integrated into whited00r for backups. I just got an email from Dropbox that the app will cease to function correctly on March 4 because of the API version 0 sunsetting. I have ceased development on DataDeposit. I will share the source code with the devs of whited00r. Devs, please send me a PM for where to send the zip file.

Hopefully old method calls haven't changed and it's just the engine that changes within the Dropbox SDK, so that all it takes is just inserting the new Dropbox SDK in the project and building.

I don't jailbreak anymore, not for a long time.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Bruan:

--- Quote from: justinxxvii on February 26, 2013, 01:45:38 AM ---Hello. I am the developer of DataDeposit, the app that was integrated into whited00r for backups. I just got an email from Dropbox that the app will cease to function correctly on March 4 because of the API version 0 sunsetting. I have ceased development on DataDeposit. I will share the source code with the devs of whited00r. Devs, please send me a PM for where to send the zip file.

Hopefully old method calls haven't changed and it's just the engine that changes within the Dropbox SDK, so that all it takes is just inserting the new Dropbox SDK in the project and building.

I don't jailbreak anymore, not for a long time.

Sorry for the inconvenience

--- End quote ---

Thank you for taking the time to post this :) I will send you a PM to get the source (which then I would put on the team dropbox, where all the developers can collaborate to try and figure it out).

Thank you again! :)

Fofer:
Thank you, justinxxvii, for creating such a unique and useful tool for iOS, sharing it with us for all this time, passing along this information, and thanks to the whited00r team for tending to it!

It's my sincere hope that the whited00r team will be able to get Data Deposit updated and working for those of us who use and appreciate it. The way iOS troubleshooting works, we're faced with a "restore all or nothing" situation -- and Data Deposit presents a viable way to save our most important app preferences.  It also allows us to migrate game saves from one device to another (say, iPhone to iPad.)

And so I would really love to see it stay operational and alive, and most importantly, continue to be available as a standalone download, even on the newest devices, ones that aren't needing whited00r.

Thanks for reading.  :)

AnimateDread:
It still works, just change the expire date of the preferences file and you are good to go :D.

Bruan:

--- Quote from: revivaldev on March 19, 2013, 03:08:55 AM ---It still works, just change the expire date of the preferences file and you are good to go :D.

--- End quote ---
that won't help when the old API is finally phased out :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version