Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > Apps Compatible with iOS 3.1, 3.1.3, 4.1 & 4.2.1

Free eBooks + Reader App Compatible with iOS 3.1.3 & 4.2.1 - iBook Whited00r 6

(1/6) > >>

Arxa:
PierreP moderator edit: Sadly since Feb. 14, 2013 BAM Reader in iTunes is not compatible anymore with iPod Touch 1G & 2G nor with iPhone 2G & 3G as it requires iPhone 3GS or newer and iOS 4.3 or later.  :-\

Original post:

I found today BAM Reader which can read *.epub files and Adobe EBooks!

You can find free books here:

1. http://manybooks.net/statistics_weekly.php

I will add more links for free books soon and a tutorial how to transfer your books into the application :)

PierreP Moderator note: Splitted from the old thread, edited the new thread's title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST! and also stickied it (it means an important thread pinned at the top of the forum list) because of valuable free eBooks and free ebooks reader iBook alternative apps compatible with iOS 3.1.3 & iOS 4.2.1 links contained in it

PierreP:
You can download Stanza from the App Time Machine which you can only access via the App Market in Whited00r 6 & it is about 259 times better than BAM IMO.  ;)

That cracked Stanza version 3.1 is a great iBook alternative and supports the eBook formats EPUB, eReader, MS LIT, Amazon Kindle, Mobipocket, and PalmDoc, as well as general document formats HTML, PDF, MS Word, and Rich Text Format.

momircar11:
Wait...... I have Stanza installed on WD  :o

You have Stanza in AppTimeMachine!

sosushi2:
It's not free books that I'm looking for with the Kindle app... It's MY books  :-X ...  When my Ipod Touch updated this past week, so did the Kindle app and I can no longer browse my books stored in The Cloud on Amazon from my Ipod Touch 1G with 3.1.3.  Amazon says Apple will no longer allow them to make the old app available  :-\  If anyone has the old one or knows where I could find it, I'd really appreciate it.

Yes, but Stanza does not connect with my downloaded and purchased books on Amazon.  Only the Kindle app does that.  :-\

PierreP:

--- Quote from: sosushi2 on February 27, 2013, 08:03:20 PM ---It's not free books that I'm looking for with the Kindle app... It's MY books  :-X ...  When my Ipod Touch updated this past week, so did the Kindle app and I can no longer browse my books stored in The Cloud on Amazon from my Ipod Touch 1G with 3.1.3.  Amazon says Apple will no longer allow them to make the old app available  :-\  If anyone has the old one or knows where I could find it, I'd really appreciate it.

--- End quote ---

I would suggest to learn how to fish instead of asking for one.  ;)

Try the tips & tricks I posted here: [Tutorial] whited00r 6 How-To Find iOS 3.1.3 Compatible Apps - iTunes Filter 3.x

All my ebooks are stored locally on my computer, managed with the free awesome Calibre eBook manager (versions for Windows, Mac & Linux) then I use the free iTools (Mac or Windows) to copy them to my iPhone 3G in the folder /var/mobile/Applications/Stanza/Documents (but you can setup Calibre for doing that automatically too if you wish) and the free iOS 3.1.3 compatible Stanza app, a great iBook alternative, that I downloaded from App Time Machine (exclusive perk of WD 6 is the access to that mysterious Store) and it works great on my iPhone 3G running Whited00r 6. Highly recommended by me!  ;)

I know that Stanza 3.1 can fetch eBooks on the web so maybe the ones in your Amazon's account too. I don't know so try this search & please be cool and report back here so to help other Whited00r users with the same problem: "stanza" "3.1" amazon "library"

Because that compatible cracked Stanza iBook alternative supports the eBook formats Amazon Kindle, EPUB, eReader, MS LIT, Mobipocket, and PalmDoc, as well as general document formats HTML, PDF, MS Word, and Rich Text Format.

I do not know how Amazon eBooks works but if you can download them to your computer and you have problems reading them in your iPhone 3G, Calibre open source has some awesome plugins including several free Calibre DRM Removal Tools plugins that are easy to find on the interwebs.

So you could download your eBooks with Kindle or whatever and cracked them so you could use your paid for eBooks on your paid for own iPhone 3G!

Thank you Apple & Amazon for making using the stuff WE paid for so difficult to use when we want on whatever device we want to use.  >:(

And that's why I am a Whited00r fan and joined the WD team 2 months ago because THEY support us and don't even make any money for doing it.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version