Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > Hardware Problems - iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 1G & iPod Touch 2G

[Solved] Broken Power or Home Buttons and entering DFU mode

(1/16) > >>

Soltmeal:
If your iPhone's Home button and/or lock (Power) button are broken and you are trying to enter DFU mode or Recovery Mode I suggest downloading TinyUmbrella http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com and using that to enter DFU or Recovery Mode by simply clicking your mouse.

PierreP note: Try also creating a custom IPSW for entering DFU mode using redsn0w as described in Reply #6 below.

PierreP Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!, fixed a few typos & added link to alternative solution.

Bruan:

--- Quote from: leejenshil on May 11, 2013, 05:01:00 AM ---and what if my iPhone is stuck in DFU mod?

--- End quote ---

I think you have to let the battery drain if you cannot do a hard reset because your Power or Home button is broken :(

--- Quote from: leejenshil on May 11, 2013, 04:49:22 PM ---and then what? my iPhone is laying around for a week not doing any thing (not charging)

--- End quote ---

Plug it into a wall outlet, as that gives off more power. It should get stuck at the apple logo (which is alright).  Leave it like that for a couple hours and you should be good to follow other tutorials.

Then you can follow the link above to enter DFU mode (I think, I have never personally had a device do this).

--- Quote from: leejenshil on May 13, 2013, 05:55:27 PM ---i don't have the best English but if i understood what you said, i pluged in my iphone into that thing you attach to the wall but without puting it in the wall thing ( and again bad english lol  :-[) and then just wait?

--- End quote ---

Haha, yeah, bad translation I think ;)

Plug it into a wall charger, and let it charge there for a while after the battery has drained completely the first time around (so the computer doesn't try to do anything with it).

--- Quote from: leejenshil on May 15, 2013, 02:09:05 PM ---and what if my ipod 1g has a broken home button?

--- End quote ---

You should be able to use the tool he linked to in the first post.  (pretty sure, I have never used it myself though).

PierreP moderator note: merged a bunch of short Q&A posst to remove clutter.

tamzid123:
download redsn0w the latest version. you can enter dfu without power and home button easily. :) ;) :D ;D

leejenshil:
the latest version of redsn0w doesn't support ipod 1g

--- Quote from: tamzid123 on May 17, 2013, 11:56:17 PM ---download redsn0w the latest version. you can enter dfu without power and home button easily. :) ;) :D ;D

--- End quote ---

when i try that on my ipod 1g it just gives me error 6 in itunes

Bruan:
After you are out of DFU mode, you should be able to use Tiny Umbrella.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version